Custom Issue Type Icons Large in Backlog Dropdown

Nick Lara July 1, 2019

Hi, team!

I use a few custom issue types in my Jira Cloud instance and each issue type has its own custom issue icon that I uploaded to our instance. Today I noticed that the custom issue type icons all look very large when attempting to select an issue type for a new issue created in the Backlog inline. I've attached a screenshot showing this.

We recently cleaned up a lot of unused issue types, schemes, workflows, and screens. As part of the cleanup, I did have to rename some workflows which necessitated creating new workflows and migrating existing schemes to use them.

I've tried

• Reuploading the images
  • Replacing the images with default Jira icons (which display normally), saving, and then switching back to the custom icons

Issue Type Icons.png

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2019

Hi Nick,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.
I was able to see this issue on my test instance on three screens:
1 - Custom fields > Click on Configure for any field > Edit configuration > Choose applicable issue types.
2 - Request types on a Service Desk project.
3 - Backlog of a Scrum classic project.
I created a bug related to this for our dev team to check:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72393
Please, click on "This affects my team" and also watch to receive updates.

Regards,
Angélica

Scott Thurston November 21, 2019

was this bug addressed?  Is it fixed now?

Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2019

unfortunately, I don't think so :(

Scott Thurston November 21, 2019

thanks for the response message. :-)

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2019

Hi @Scott Thurston and @Sergio Freire - Xblend

I added on the bug link two new gifs showing how to replicate the issue to check if there are any updates (it's a internal comment).

Please, make sure to watch the bug to receive updates and also to click on "This affects my team" for our dev team to know how many customers are facing this issue.

Regards,
Angélica

oskarkaminski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 18, 2020

"and also to click on "This affects my team" for our dev team to know how many customers are facing this issue."

Isn't it obvious that all customers are facing the issue if you have a bug in the app?

Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2020

Hi @oskarkaminski , I hope this has been addressed meanwhile by Atlassian.

Let me just say that sometimes some issues may affect just a subset of customers, so I understand Atlassian's workflow. However, I think this affects every customer in these conditions to be honest :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
July 2, 2019

Hi Nick,

The enlarged custom Icons you are seeing is a UX consistency BUG we are tracking at the following link, and we are working on a fix:

The only workaround here is a bit cumbersome and would require making a custom scaled icon to 16x16 pixels with a white boarder pixel padding to realign the UI consistency (I believe it is a 3 pixel padding), but I would recomend against applying the noted workaround as the change will need an additional manual revert once the bug is corrected, and this one should be corrected soon.

Regards,
Earl

Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2019

when do you estimate to fix? it should be a simple fix right? And it's messing the UI

Michael Soo November 18, 2019

The fix suggested does not work for Nick's particular issue, which is the adding an issue to the Backlog drop-down at the bottom of the screen.

Experiencing the same issue with a client and although the 16x16 pixel with a white border works in most areas of the interface, it is still blown up in this particular drop-down option.

Here's one where I have applied the "fix" to icon - see "External Request".

Nor is the particular problem highlighted by the referenced Jira ticket, where it is inconsistency is exacerbated in this menu and overlaps the textCustom Icon Large with fix.PNG

0 votes
Miroslav Oblas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 30, 2021

I love your urgent request icon :D

Suggest an answer