Custom Fields not showing on Edit screen

Jeff Cox August 2, 2017

I hope someone can point me to what I might be missing.    I am on Jira SW 6.4.11.  I have 3 custom fields, two of which I can not get to appear on my full edit screen or the Create screen.  But, when I  use the "Configure Fields-  Where is My Field?" the response is that it should be displayed.  The third field seems to be set up the same way and it shows up as expected. 

Fields are enabled in the Default Feld configuration. 

Fields are included in the Default Issue Screen 

3 answers

1 vote
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

Jeff, it's hard to guide you here, but i will try to list all the factors that can affect the visibility so you can check: 

1. The custom field has a context available for the project and issue type that you're working on or a global context
  2. The custom field is at the specific edit screen assigned to that issue type in that project (maybe you have a default screen for all issue operations, but check this)
  3. When you edit the issue, at the right upper corner of the dialog you should select view all fields

If you can't solve with this, a screen capture of the following sections can help me:

• the issue type screen configuration scheme of the project, showing the complete configuration, you can see this at the project configuration
  • the custom field listing at the custom field list
Jeff Cox August 3, 2017

Hi again

Interestingly, I added one of these fields to a screen on another project and it shows up there. 

Here is my "proof" that things do seem to be set up properly.   

Where is .JPG

I do have all fields enabled, but these two do not show up there. 

Here are a few more screen grabs 

Associate.JPGIssue Type Scheme.JPGCustom Fields.JPGConfigure Screen.JPG

0 votes
Lanz February 3, 2021

Is there a Solution for this? I got the same issue ...

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-03 um 08.53.33.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-02-03 um 08.55.30.png

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

Jeff,

Hi, which is the type of the fields?

Jeff Cox August 2, 2017

Hi Gaston 

The two problem ones are single line text. 

The one that I do see is a select lsit ( multiple choices)

Suggest an answer