Custom Field visible without screen integration

Celik Vedat January 5, 2018

hi all,

is it possible to enable a custom field without implementing it into a screen? I need a custom field in a project wich shares its screen with other projects and i want to prevent to set a new field config for all those projects.

can I solve this with contexts?

kr,

vedat

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018

Have you tried to hide the field with a Field Configuration? The screen can be shared with multiple projects but the field configuration defines the hidden / visibility.

Celik Vedat January 5, 2018

i know, but this is what I want to prevent for future tasks. if I implement it within my screen I would have to hide it in 26*7 field configurations. And to be honest I dont want to do this :D

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2018

This is, I'm afraid, what field configurations and screens are for.  You need to do this with field configs.

The context will not work.  If a field has no context for an issue, it also will never have any data.  Field configs and screens enable you to have fields that don't appear.  Contexts get rid of them completely.

Suggest an answer