Originally, this was set up to read via a JNDI database name, now with 6.0.2 we use dbconfig.xml to name the database and the custom database field is not able to read from it.
How do I restore the custom database field's capability?
As it turned out, after some experimentation, the problem was the persistence manager in config.xml Previously it was set to
<Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager" saveOnRestart="false">
The recommended setting in 6.0.2 is
It turns out that the previous persistence manager setting never works when a JNDI resource is defined in the config.xml and it mostly works when the JNDI entry is omitted.
We were using the old persistence manager, so we had to remove the JNDI entry and try a few times to launch Jira.
By going to the new, recommended persitence manager setting, we were able to launch with the JNDI resource defined.
Actually I was already aware of this answer from the custom database field documentation, but it doesn't fully address the problem.
I tried with setting up a JNDI resource in config.xml (the way it used to be) and Jira failed to load at all. I had to back that out so I could keep the Jira instance running while I figured it out.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs