Cumulative flow diagram (CFD) ==> Display only issues of the board (current sprint)

RomainBreuneval
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 30, 2019

Hello, 

I am working on  a project for which we are using next-gen scrum with Cumulative flow diagram. 

The diagram display all the issues, the ones on the board and the ones in the backlog.... This means in the "TO DO" sections I have both type of issues, board (current sprint) and backlog (all issues for future sprints). 

Is there a way to display only the issues of the board on the diagram ? Or at least a way to differentiate issues on the baord from issues in the backlog ?

Best regards. 

2 answers

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2021

Hi @RomainBreuneval,

Try the Cumulative Flow Diagram gadget offered by our Great Gadgets app. 

CumulativeFlowDiagramGadget.png

The gadget is very flexible in configuration and is based on a board or a filter (so you can decide what issue to display via the filter's JQL). It might solve your problem. For further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@stonikbyte.com.

Danut

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2019

Hello Romain,

Thank you for reaching out to the community.

The Cumulative Flow Diagram is a new feature in JIRA Next-gen. It is pretty simple and with limited options of filtering (You can basically only filter by time).

That being said, we think that more filtering options (like the ability to select the Sprint that should be applied to the report) would be a good and useful functionality, so we opened the following feature request:

Allow more filtering options in the Cumulative Flow Diagram for Next-gen Projects

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jeremy Schrage
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 22, 2019

Hi @Petter Gonçalves ,

Thanks for opening the FR. This is disappointing. Being able to see bottlenecks in the workflow (code review, UAT, etc) was one of the major selling points in our migration to Jira. The documentation is a little misleading: "If you start a sprint with 5 issues, all issues will begin in the To Do column. If you view the diagram, it will show 5 issues To Do, 0 issues In Progress, and 0 issues Done."(emphasis mine)

Granted, down below there is the suggestion to use time filtering for sprints, but that still muddles all other To Do/Done issues with the current sprint, which for any team (after a few sprints of work and backlog creation) will be the majority. I end up deselecting To Do/Done, which is still not ideal. We just want to be able to filter in the issues in the current sprint.

For us, this limitation dramatically reduces the effectiveness of this feature. I am shocked that more attention has not been drawn to this. Is there another workaround that I am missing?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events