• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Crowd+Kerberos

Hi!
Recently organized SSO in Jira applications, confluence, using Crowd.
Now I would like to know how to implement authentication in applications using the Kerberos Protocol. From the information on the Internet I found this article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWDEXT/Windows+Integrated+Authentication+for+Crowd-enabled+Applications
But the plugin has not been supported by Atlassian applications for a long time.
Q: are there any options for activating the Kerberos Protocol in Crowd/Jira/Confluence?

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruno Vincent Community Leader Aug 31, 2018

Hi @Alexander

You might want to take a look at the IWAAC Kerberos SSO add-on. This is a commercial plugin but the good thing about it is that you use the same license key (and thus pay only once) on all your instances and applications (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Bamboo).

Disclaimer: I work for the IWAAC plugin's vendor.

Thank You, Bruno!
If I install this plugin in a crowd, will the kerberos Protocol work in all my services? After all, I use the crowd as my authentication center.

Bruno Vincent Community Leader Aug 31, 2018

You're welcome @Alexander

You need to install the plugin on each of your applications (e.g. Jira, Confluence). You can also install the plugin on Crowd itself in which case it will provide Kerberos authentication for users logging into Crowd's console.

I hope things are clearer now 🙂, please don't hesitate to drop us a line at support@cleito.com if you have any further questions.

Okay, thanks!
I will definitely contact you!

0 votes

Your question caught my eye as I learnt how to spell "kerberos" this week when updating TechTime's EasySSO documentation.

The Atlassian Marketplace has a few add-ons available when you search the keyword "Kerberos".

Yeah, but they're all paid. No free plugins by chance? :)

Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this
0 votes

How about wrap via SAML all that activity ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you