Cron expression in automated Rule

Mark September 1, 2022

Need a cron expression to notify via email subscription for new JIRA issue.  Needs to run frequently ( 5min or less) all day long, and notify for only NEW issues.  Currently running test every 10 min. for PROD issues, but emails same results as last 10 minute interval.

Is there way to only notify me once at creation time of the JIRA issue, and not thereafter?

Thanks, Mark 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Hello @Mark 

Welcome to the community.

What is your relationship to these issues? Are you a member of the project(s) in which they are being created? Are you a Reporter or Watcher of the issues? Are you a Component Lead for a component assigned to the issues or Project Lead for the project?

Have you considered asking the Jira Administrators if there is a way to update the Notification Scheme to solve this problem?

Have you considered using a Saved Filter and a Subscription to the filter instead of using Automation?

My gut feeling is that it is ill-advised to be running either an Automation or a Filter Subscription so frequently, though I don't have anything to back that up.

Given all that, if you still need to use an Automation rule, please show us the details of rule that you have developed.

I work with Jira Cloud, so I'm not sure if all the same Automation functionality is available, but if so then with a rule triggered on a Schedule you provide a JQL to select issues to operate on in the rule. Your JQL should be able to select issue that have been created since the last time you ran the rule. If your interval is 10 minutes then your JQL would be

created >= (-10m)

Suggest an answer