Creation permissions discriminated by Issue and Roles

Agustin Landaburo May 6, 2021

Hello good morning !

I would like to know if it is possible to discriminate the creation permissions by roles.

I want to:

• My developers only create Tasks
  • The scrum master only creates Story
  • The product owner only creates Epic

Is this possible?

Best,
Ing. Agustin Landaburo.-

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2021

Hi Agustin,
Possibly, but not cleanly if so. It should be possible to add conditions to the create transition that limit this ability, but it may show some users the create screen and prevent them from actually creating. This is unpleasant from a UX perspective, but may accomplish what you would like. Cheers!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

Yep, people don't like "enter everything only to be told I can't and have to start again with a different type"

Of course, my training is screaming "don't try to limit your team like that, they're supposed to actually know what the right thing to do is", but you could separate out the Epics by putting them into a different project.

Like Joshua Sneed Contegix likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events