Creating user with rest API, password doesnt work

Hi,

I created a user by REST API and i passed the username, name, e-mail and password.

The user has been created OK, but when i try to login, give me an error that the password is wrong.

Somebody can help me ?

1 answer

0 votes

Are you using JIRA Cloud or Server? 

Also, can you copy the REST request body? 

Thanks,
Dario

Hi, i am using JIRA Cloud.

curl -i -X POST https://XXXXX.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/user -H'Content-type: application/json' -H'Accept: application/json' -uEMAIL:SENHA -d' { "emailAddress": "algumemail@gmail.com", "name": "XXXX", "password": "XXXX", "displayName": "XXXX XXXX"  }'

If you use Cloud then this is expected. As written in the User management REST API changes in JIRA Cloud KB article for the rest/api/2/user endpoint:

"Passwords included in the request payload will always be ignored"

This is because the user accounts are now managed using Atlassian Accounts (id.atlassian.com).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

22,163 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you