Creating task in specific Epic by link

agortinskiy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2024

Hello everybody

Is it possible to create task with specific epic link via url?

I haven't find epic link in the list of arguments but its strange

What should i do if i want to provide users a button to create tasks grouped by their content?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2024

Hi @agortinskiy  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What is your exact use case? It is hard to following what you are requesting. 

agortinskiy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 26, 2024

Hi John

I have a project where i track tasks divided into 3 large categories. I use epics to categorize all the tasks.

And i need to give my users a possibility to create tasks into 1 of these 3 epics. So i wanted to create a url link with pre-edited task linked to this epic. 
Isn’t it possible?

Alternatively my task can be solved using components or labels to categorize tasks

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2024

It sounds like you want to do this because the user doesn’t know the Epic name and would have a hard time finding it.

If that’s the case then you are probably better off using Components and making the field mandatory. 

Then you could create an automation rule that populates the Epic based on the Component when the issue is created.

Suggest an answer