I'm using automated scripts to create and modify Jira issues externally vial the SOAP API. Specifically I use the jiraclient functionality in Perl.
On one machine I can create subtasks for issues by specifying a 'parent'-field as the issue key of the desired parent issue. I made a full backup of the Jira configuration (via administration page) and restored this backup on a different machine. Now, there I cannot create subtasks in the same way as it is working on the first machine.
I checked all the configuration, which is the same in both instances. The only notable difference between the two machines is, that the one where my scripts are working is running Jira 5.1.1 while the other one is running Jira 5.1.3. So maybe some upgrade of Jira removed the support to create subtasks in the described way, but I didn't find anything in the update notes.
Could anybody give me some hints what else might be the problem or if it is indeed related to the Jira version ?
Thanks in advance, TS
EDIT: Maybe the actual error message would be helpful too (forgot about it):
"There is no issue type called [subtask project name]."
And indeed, I cannot create a standalone issue from this project as it is only used for subtasks. But as described, in the same scenario I can still create a subtask from perl-jiraclient by setting the 'parent'-field to an existing issue.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs