Creating issues from email - Unexpected Response exception

Kerim Kara
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 2, 2011

I am trying to create issues via email

while connecting exchange server I'am getting this error

Could you please help ?

2011-10-03 13:22:12,704 JiraQuartzScheduler_Worker-0 ERROR ServiceRunner QnrfSupportMailService [service.services.mail.MailFetcherService] QnrfSupportMailService[10011]: Error connecting to host 'exchange.qf.org.qa' as user 'jira-it' via protocol 'pop3': javax.mail.MessagingException: Connect failed;
nested exception is:
java.io.IOException: Unexpected response: * OK Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 IMAP4rev1 server version 6.5.7638.1 (EXCHANGE.qf.org.qa) ready.
javax.mail.MessagingException: Connect failed;
nested exception is:
java.io.IOException: Unexpected response: * OK Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 IMAP4rev1 server version 6.5.7638.1 (EXCHANGE.qf.org.qa) ready.
at com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store.protocolConnect(POP3Store.java:161)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:288)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.services.mail.MailFetcherService.run(MailFetcherService.java:149)

1 answer

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2011

My guess is that its an exchange problem, given the "Connect Failed" error. Can you send email from JIRA? Can you reply to an email and have an issue updated? If these answers to either of these is no, then you don't have your email properly configured. When you set it up and issue a "Test email" does it work? Again, if it doesn't then the problem is with your email configuraiton and you should talk to your exchange person.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events