Creating issues by highlighting text in an email body.

Dan Cormick September 22, 2013

Is anyone aware of a method to create issues by highlighting text within the body of an email.

I handle a lot of incoming customer requests and they will often list off several items within the body of their email. I want to be able to effeciently create a Jira issue for each item. The quickest way I can think of is to hightlight the text, right click for a context menu and select Create Jira issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2013

You'd need to write something for your email client to do this (off the top of my head, some sort of plugin that provides the "send to Jira" option in the client, and is clever enough to parse the selected text and issue a string of REST requests).

I've not seen anything for any client that would enable it though.

Dan Cormick September 29, 2013

Thanks Nic. I believe gmail would be the best client as it allows users to create 'gadgets'. Creating something myself is over my head so fingers crossed someone out there is motivated to create a solution.

Suggest an answer