Creating issues by component

Deleted user February 29, 2016

I am using a workflow that creates and assigns relatively small units of work; ranging from 20 minutes for small issues to 2 or 3 hours for larger issues. I'm doing this as it helps me stay focused as each unit is a tightly defined item of work; I know exactly how to do it and have a very good idea of how much work it involves before starting it.

For this reason, I need to be able to create and organise issues quickly to avoid becoming bogged-down in issue management. I use components for grouping the issues within a project as components is how I organise my work cycles.

So...

In a Kanban board environment, how do I create issues with the component property pre-set?

I would like to be able to declare "I am working in X component" and then have all issue I create pre-populated with that component until I say otherwise. I am aware that I can use batch operations to mass assign components after I've create the issues but that is a little less convenient.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 29, 2016

I assume this means that when you're creating an issue, you do not want to have to enter a component manually?

If so, then you need to take a quick look at the logic of which component to set, and use post-functions on the "create issue" step on the workflow to set the component automatically.

Deleted user February 29, 2016

Yes, that sounds like the right avenue; thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events