Creating automations to clone current issues when they are marked done

KillyDream May 15, 2023

I have an automation I need to set up. When a story is set to “done” it needs to be cloned with a new due date. The story being cloned has a specific label on it. Say I have 5 different types of stories that always have that label, but each one has a different summary/due date. Is there a way to have it clone the story with its respective due date based on the summary field? Ex.

When label = finance  

If summary = scorecard , then clone and create story with _____ due date.

OR

if summary = benchmarks , then clone and create story with _____ due date.

OR 

if summary = data , then clone and create story with _____ due date.

OR

etc…..

is this possible to do under one automation?? I’m having trouble figuring out the right conditions. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2023

HI @KillyDream ,

It is possible to do this under one automation rule. 

Screenshot_2.png

Use the issue transition trigger. 

You want to use an if/else condition, using the Summary field as the condition criteria. 

Then for each if statement, you want to define the clone action and the fields that need to be defined which includes the Label field and Due Date field. 

Screenshot_5.png

Hope this helps,

Danny

KillyDream May 15, 2023

Thanks Danny! I gave this a try…the first clone is working but the subsequent ones are not meeting the ‘conditions’ even though they are the same….just altered the summary name for the following ones🤔 

Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2023

That is weird, could you post  screenshot of your subsequent condition and the JQL query you are using to find the issues that should be cloned?

Also, I have question: what is the use case for the cloning process?

Thanks,

Danny

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events