Creating an issue with resolution set from the start

Nicklas Kittelmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2012

Hello!

I have done some workflows, and they work fine. There is just one thing that's bugging me...

I have at some places used post functions to clear the field Resolution. That works just fine.

However, in one workflow I want to set resolution right when the issue is created (the issue is just to log things which have been found and fixed - even though there was no previous issue for it).

So, I set the post function to set the field Resolution to Fixed - The Resolution of the issue will be set to 1. on the Create(1) transition. (note that there seems to be a bug since it says that the resolution will be set to 1 and not to Fixed even though that was what I selected.

So, having set that and published the draft workflow I create an issue of that type. Sadly, it has a resolution of Unresolved.

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2012

Hi Nicklas,

I have found the following to work. You need to store the update issue value after you create the issue

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2012
Great to hear! Please consider accepting answers when they are helpful ...
Nicklas Kittelmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2012

Thanks! That did the trick!

Christoffer Karlsson November 7, 2014

Thanks for the information. This is still the case in JIRA 6.2 also.

2 votes
Rai Warbasse October 31, 2018

I found there may be an ordering need. I was attempting to Assign to a user and set the resolution. I found that the Set assignee needed to be before Create and Set the resolution needed to be after Set status and store update followed that. My post went as:

1. Set assignee
  2. Create the issue
  3. Set issue status
  4. Set Resolution
  5. Store Update
  6. Re-index
  7. Fire issue created

Hope this helps.

Amanda Lang August 16, 2019

Oh, it sure helped! Thank you!

Sarah Aubucon November 6, 2020

This order of operations did the trick for me. Thank you !

Suggest an answer