Creating an issue on a workflow transition

Özerk Dolanbay January 30, 2014

Hi,

I have a workflow transition and there is a groovy script in its post function. This script should create a new issue under different project and also create a link for the issue. What my problem is that I get an error like this:

Communications Breakdown

The JIRA server could not be contacted. This may be a temporary glitch or the server may be down.

Close this dialog and press refresh in your browser

This is from the log file:

Exception in thread "ajp-bio-8009-exec-4626" java.lang.StackOverflowError

Is there any suggestion?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2014

Read your log file to see what might be causing that (read above and below it).

A common cause of a Stack Overflow is looping or recursive code. Try removing the script and checking that the basics work, then re-enable parts of your script one at a time until the error happens again. At least you'll know where the fault is.

0 votes
Özerk Dolanbay January 30, 2014

Thanks for your quick reply Nic. I guess there is a problem with this line.

Map<String,Object> newIssueParams = ["issue":newIssue] as Map<String,Object>
    Issue newIssueObj = issueManager.createIssueObject(currentUserObj, newIssueParams)

I use these lines in subtask creation but I am not sure if it is ok when trying to create a new issue under different project as well. Do you have any idea?

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2014

Make sure the this post function is NOT on the create issue transition !!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2014

Yes, good point - the "new issue" line will fail if this is on the "create issue" transition - you need to have the main issue in existence before you can execute other creates.

Suggest an answer