Creating an auto-responder for issues created using mail handler

I have created a mail handler to pick up emails from an IMAP account and automatically create issues. This is for emails NOT defined as a JIRA account.

i would like to send out an automated response with a ticket number.

1) is this possible?

2) if so, can i also send further emails as the issue is updated/resolved/closed?

3) also, can that non-JIRA email address update the issue by sending more emails with same subject line?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Dave, I have a different understanding.

1. The default email handler does not send out emails when the issue is created,. If the reporting user has set 'Notify me for my own actions' then JIRA will send the email during issue creation.

2. Yes

3. Yes, provided you have configured the Default Reporter. Else the email will be rejected. And the non-jira users will never be updated about any changes.

All yes answers! Your notification scheme will determine when you send email updates, and as long as your response is from the same email with the ticket in the subject, your ticket should update accordingly.

This is possible. You can set your notification scheme to notify the reporter of an issue when it is created. This will effectively send whoever created that issue with a copy of the ticket. To receive further emails you can set the reporter to receive notification up updates. I think the third is possible, but I'm not 100% sure. You can check by looking into the imap mail handler settings. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

144 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you