Creating an active sprint and an active kanban board on the same project?

Ahmed Alghamdi August 13, 2017

for this sprint, I kicked off two tracks for the same sprint, one to develop new user stories, the other is to fix all defects in previous sprint. However, I activated the new stories sprint, but kept the bugs in an inactive sprint.

is there a way to create a kanban board only showing the issues in that "inactive" bug sprint?

I'd like to keep it kanban since i can't gurantee or commit the bugs, still lot to be found and i expect tonz in and out of it

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

Hi @Ahmed Alghamdi,

Sure. You can configure the source of your board using JQL. Assuming you use the issue type 'bug' for your bugs, just select them as the source for your kanban board:

Project = <your project> and issuetype = bug ORDER BY Rank

(the last part I added so you can change the order of the bugs by drag and drop on the board)

On a side note - if you exclude your bugs from the scrum board, the development effort spent on them will not be included in any of the scrum board reports (velocity, burndown, ...) and your team will have to find their work in 2 locations. Which is perfectly fine, but needs some ceremony around that.

Suggest an answer