Creating a test session during a transition

Andrew July 22, 2011

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a bonfire test session during a workflow transition?

Thanks

Kind regards,

Andrew

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
edwin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2011

Hey Andrew,

As it stands, you can't create a Bonfire test session during a workflow transition (out of the box, at least). I'm curious how you think this would work though? Does the workflow transition include the UI for a new session (including a session name)?

Regards,

Edwin Wong

Atlassian Bonfire Team

Andrew July 24, 2011

Hi Edwin,

I was thinking it would appear on the transition view as a field you could put the test session name into and if you entered a name it was create the test session. My QA asked for it as he said it was save him going into the issue page and selecting the "create test session" option.

Kind regards,

Andrew.

0 votes
Declan Murphy July 15, 2015

I  know this is an old question but has there been any progress made on this? Is there a 3rd-party plugin that adds a post-function for creating a session on transition now or is this still not feasible?

0 votes
Aron Budinszky
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 29, 2013

Hey Edwin,

I'd be looking for this feature as well. I would expect that i could just trigger the "Create Test Session" dialog during a transition.

0 votes
Andrew July 24, 2011

Hi Edwin,

I was thinking it would appear on the transition view as a field you could put the test session name into and if you entered a name it was create the test session. My QA asked for it as he said it was save him going into the issue page and selecting the "create test session" option.

Kind regards,

Andrew.

Suggest an answer