Creating a notification system that notifies the customer when their ticket is moving through stage

Brandon Ruetsch
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2024

I'd like to create a workflow that notifies the customer/client that a ticket has been reported on their behalf and notifies them as it's moving through different stages. 

The only issue is that I don't want to give them full visibility into the ticket I just want to be able to give them automated status updates. 

I'm a CSM this would be the scenario: 

1. Customer Notifies me of the bug or PDFR 

2. I submit the ticket in JIRA on their behalf ( I already have an existing field for their email so their email is in the system ) 

3. Once ticket is submitted it notifies the customer it's submitted 

4. Then as the ticket moves through stages the customer get notified of those stage changes while only having visibility into that and not any of the conversations happening on the ticket. 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2024

Hello @Brandon Ruetsch 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

You could accomplish that with Automation Rules.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-cloud-automation/

Automation Rules can be created by Jira Admins. Those Admins might also have given the permission to create automation rules to others, like Project Admins.

However, there are limitations to how many automation rule executions are allowed per month, based on your Jira subscription. If you are not a Jira Admin, you should consult with your Jira Admins to find out if the addition of rules to meet your needs would not cause your instance to exceed its limits.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/how-is-my-usage-calculated/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events