Creating a graph from a search result with a single variable

rickit2004 June 6, 2018

Hi

I have created a search term:

Status = Blocked AND Status was in ("In Progress", "In Review") AND Updated = -3d 

I want to graph the number of tickets this returns with the updated criteria as the variable. That is, I want to see how many are at the -3d, -4d, -5d, etc. Is there any way I can do this within the tool?

1 answer

0 votes
Douglas B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2018

Hello Richard,

I understand that you're trying to generate a custom report using the filter query that you've create.
Jira default reports are board related but we can't customise them to use data from a filter without using that filter on a board.

For your case we can think on some solutions:

1. You can associate your filter to a board and use one of the following reports:

Average Age Report: Shows the average age of unresolved issues for a project or filter. This helps you see whether your backlog is being kept up to date.

Single Level Group by Report: Shows issues grouped by a particular field for a filter. This helps you group search results by a field, and see the overall status of each group. For example, you could view the issues in a version of a project, grouped by Assignee. Note that there is a display limit of 1,000 issues for this report.

2. You can use additional reports (e.g. Gantt Chart Report, Timesheet Report, Jira SQL Plugin, eazyBI, All-in-One reports) are available for download from the Atlassian Marketplace.
  3. Issue filters can be exported to Microsoft Excel, where they can be further manipulated into charts and reports. See Working with search results.

Suggest an answer