Creating a board with tickets from multiple projects without showing it in other projects?

Hey Everyone question on board setup. I want to create a JIRA board within a project (let's call it Project A) with a board filter that pulls tickets from multiple projects/boards (e.g. tickets from boards on Project A, Project B, and Project C). This is easy to do by setting up a simple board filter.

The issue I want to address is that after creating the new cross-project board in Project A, the new board also shows up in Project B and Project C (as their issues are also present on that new Project A board). I'd like the new board to just show up in Project A if possible though, so I don't muddy up Projects B & C

Does anyone have a good way of doing this? The only way I've found so far is to create a new user 'Group' and restricting the newly created board access to just that group. I'd rather everyone be able to see the board in 'Project A' though - does anyone have any other ideas on how to achieve that? Thanks!

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Boards do not belong to projects.  They are a view on to the issues within the projects their filter selects for.

The problem you've got is that the boards are all valid for the projects, so Jira is happy to show them to you when you're in the project.

I suspect you've found the only way to restrict a board that includes a project.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

579 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you