Creating a baseline in bigpicture

Alasdair McKie June 14, 2021

Having created a backlog in Jira over a number of work packages, we are looking to create a baseline within the Gantt View of BigPicture. Does anyone have any tips on the correct format view or how to create the baseline and how to manage against it on a regular cadence? 

1 answer

1 vote
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2021

Hi @Alasdair McKie

To assess the performance of your project over time, you can set Baselines and track deviations from your initial schedule.  

Please find a short video that shows how to create & display Baselines. 
BigPicture - Jira (2).gif

More info you will find in the documentation. 

Please tag me if you have further questions. 

Alasdair McKie June 30, 2021

Hi @Anna-BigPicture Thank you that is greatly appreciated and useful. I was wondering if you could assist on the following question directly related to baseline multiple projects. If I create multiple boxes for different work packages but only baselined one of them and then create an all up board to bring them altogether. Would the baseline carry over to the all up board for that individual work package or is it only baselined against that specific box. 

Adam _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 5, 2021

Hello @Alasdair McKie 

The baseline activation is limited to a particular box/project, so this information will be visible only in the project/box where it has been specified. For your example, I believe an additional use case test should be performed Alasdair, in order to be sure you can achieve what you are looking for when it comes to baselines.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Adam

Like Alasdair McKie likes this
Alasdair McKie August 6, 2021

Hi @Adam _SoftwarePlant_ @Anna-BigPicture Thank you for the above information it is really useful. Am I right in saying at the moment you cannot view multiple baselines? For instance if the project re-baselines 3 times would we not be able to see that first baseline we struck anywhere in historical data?

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
August 6, 2021

Hi @Alasdair McKie

You are welcome! Yes, you are right. However, we are doing our best to adjust the plugin to our clients' needs. Therefore 'Multiple baselines' functionality is already on our list. 

Please follow the link of the feature request: ONE-23419 to be up to date with the functionality progress. Please note that it is best to open the link in the incognito tab of your browser.

Conrad Passmore July 21, 2023

Hi, please could you refresh the video link_?

Suggest an answer