Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Creating a baseline in bigpicture

Having created a backlog in Jira over a number of work packages, we are looking to create a baseline within the Gantt View of BigPicture. Does anyone have any tips on the correct format view or how to create the baseline and how to manage against it on a regular cadence? 

1 answer

Hi @Alasdair McKie

To assess the performance of your project over time, you can set Baselines and track deviations from your initial schedule.  

Please find a short video that shows how to create & display Baselines. 
BigPicture - Jira (2).gif

More info you will find in the documentation. 

Please tag me if you have further questions. 

Hi @Anna-SoftwarePlant Thank you that is greatly appreciated and useful. I was wondering if you could assist on the following question directly related to baseline multiple projects. If I create multiple boxes for different work packages but only baselined one of them and then create an all up board to bring them altogether. Would the baseline carry over to the all up board for that individual work package or is it only baselined against that specific box. 

Adam _SoftwarePlant_ Marketplace Partner Jul 05, 2021

Hello @Alasdair McKie 

The baseline activation is limited to a particular box/project, so this information will be visible only in the project/box where it has been specified. For your example, I believe an additional use case test should be performed Alasdair, in order to be sure you can achieve what you are looking for when it comes to baselines.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Adam

Like Alasdair McKie likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you