Creating a Wrapper service to limit response for a JIRA API call

Raman Kumar January 10, 2019

Hello,

I've been trying to understand how to go about creating a Wrapper service on top of a JIRA API to see if I can limit the response received for an API call.

I'm very new to this and looking for some examples or directions as to how to go about it.

I did start with scriptrunner and learning as I go.

Any help will really be appreciated.

Raman

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2019

You could eventually try to implement a ServletFilter that intercepts the requests sent to the Jira REST API (if this is what you meant). Atlassian apps can have ServletFilter type modules, start reading there.

With that, you could even manipulate the response or just returned a failure HTTP status code.

Raman Kumar January 14, 2019

Hi Aron,

Thanks a lot! 
I was able to build a servlet filter. I created one to un-authorize anyone accessing REST API. At the same time, I built custom scriptrunner calls that we can leverage to folks to utilize for any calls they want to make to JIRA via their application.

Do you know if there's a way to filter this un-authorization? What I mean was I want to allow my JIRA_Administrators to be able to pass and validate into the REST call, if that makes sense.

Suggest an answer