Creating a JIRA issue through confluence page

talal.ahmed February 17, 2020

Hi, is it possible to create an issue in JIRA through a confluence page? For example, if I have a confluence page, a user can go to the confluence page, fill in some type of a form. Once they click submit, a JIRA issue will automatically be created in the appropriate JIRA project. 

2 answers

1 vote
Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2020

Good point @carlosughini .. I posted the exact same answer and realized you have replied with the same thought. :)
@talal.ahmed- check out the plugin and let us know if it works.

0 votes
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2020

Hello Talal,

Hope you are having a good day.

Actually, you can check in the Atlassian documentation about how to integrate Jira with Confluence and create issues on Jira from Confluence:

However, the solution proposed in the documentation above is not exactly as you are expecting. That being said, by searching a little more I can see that the ConfiForm add-on can do the exact same thing that you are looking for:

Please check the documentation above and let me know if it helps.

Cheers,

Carlos

Phoebe.DeMund
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 24, 2021

Thanks Carlos

Like Marco Grecos likes this

Suggest an answer