Creating Risk and Issue Register in Jira next generation

Allen Babroudi December 8, 2020

Hi,  I'm an admin for my project and need to create a risk and issue register for my project.  Can you please provide me with the steps how to create the register for ISSUE and RISK?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2020

Hi Allen, I’m not sure what you are referring to here - “issue and risk”. Can you educate me? Is there some reference to this within Atlassian docs?

Allen Babroudi December 8, 2020

It is important to clearly capture the key components to a risk.

1. Title – a good description of the risk.
  2. Risk Detail – specific explanation of the risk.
  3. Risk Consequence – what will happen if the risk is not addressed.
  4. Target Resolution Date – the date by when the risk must be addressed or accepted.

Creat an issue log that helps managers track the issues that arise in a project and prioritize a response to them. ... An issue is something that has already come up in your project, and you need to identify and track that issue immediately.

I need to track and report issues and risks separately for my project.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2020

ah ok got it!

So I would probably simply create a unique Issuetype for this called Risk. This would allow you to have a unique workflow and you can create the necessary custom fields to meet your needs.

Example...

1. Title - this should be summary
  2. Risk detail - this could be the description (my recommendation) or you could create a completely new multi-line text custom field call Risk Detail
  3. Risk Consequence - i would create a new custom field for this
  4. Target Resolution Date - you could simply use the Due date (my recommendation but if you want create a new custom date field

you can then use workflow conditions/validators, etc to control when these fields/updates are required.

If this isn't helping, if there are more specific requirements here that I am missing please share.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events