Creating Remote Link

Shruthi Kg September 9, 2019

Hello Team

I am creating link from DOORS to JIRA

Jira remote link creation is not accepting DOORS Local client URL

I am getting "url":"Invalid 'URL'. Make sure you include the full URL

Can we make the URL field as generic where it accepts any kind of links?

Regards,

Shruthi

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2019

Hi,

I understand that you are looking to create a remote link between Jira and DOORs.  However I am not clear on exactly which kind of link is being created here.  Is this an Issue link?  Or just a weblink?

A remote issue link in Jira is really only intended to link between different Jira sites.  For other applications such as DOORS, you might have to utilize the web link option, which should allow you input any URL into the field.   The follow up question I have about is, what does that URL look like?  Is this an HTTPS address?  If so, it might be that Jira is failing to connect here perhaps due to a missing SSL certificate in Jira's trust store.  I would be interested to see if you can recreate the problem and the take a look at the $JIRAHOME/log/atlassian-jira.log file when this error happens, perhaps we can learn more about the error that way and how to troubleshoot this.

Please let me know.

Andy

Shruthi Kg September 12, 2019

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the reply

I tried creating remote link from doors to Jira using REST API, its creating only if the URL is http link

But, I have DOORS URL which is not HTTP address, its an application link.

In  JIRA I tried with other custom fields but everywhere its considering only the HTTP links.

Any suggestions how I can give the application links with label and link details?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2019

Ah, thanks for clarifying.  In the case of an application link, Jira will create the URL in accordance with the display URL setting in the application link.  I would be interested to see if you can look more closely at the application link settings in Jira under the Cog Icon -> Applications -> Application Links  OR the address /plugins/servlet/applinks/listApplicationLinks

If you edit this link within Jira, you should be able to see more details in regards to the application URL and display URL.  I would be interested to learn more about the values you have in this application link settings.  My understanding is that the display URL will control what the base URL for these links of remote links that are displayed within a Jira issue for example.  It might not always be the same address that Jira is using in the application URL, but many times they are the same value.

Suggest an answer