Creating Multiple Users via POST

Hello, 

Is it possible to create multiple users via POST ?

[

{
"name": "charlie1",
"password": "abracadabra",
"emailAddress": "charlie@atlassian.com",
"displayName": "Charlie of Atlassian",
"applicationKeys": [
"jira-core"
]
},{
"name": "charlie2",
"password": "abracadabra",
"emailAddress": "charlie@atlassian.com",
"displayName": "Charlie of Atlassian",
"applicationKeys": [
"jira-core"
]
}

]

{
"errorMessages": [
"Can not deserialize instance of com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.issue.UserWriteBean out of START_ARRAY token\n at [Source: org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteInputStream@41286fb1; line: 1, column: 1]"
]
}

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

To the best of my knowledge you can't make JIRA create multiple users accounts with a single post.  Both the web UI and the JIRA REST API reference documentation  both only are able to create one user account per interaction.   Most admins are able to get around this either by connecting JIRA to a LDAP instance to populate the user accounts, or in some cases you might be able to create a script to make the separate API calls for each account that would need to be created.

Alternative to that there are third party plugins like Bulk User Creator that might be helpful as well if you need to be creating a large number of accounts in JIRA quickly.

Thanks for your response. I managed to do this via Ansible.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

573 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you