Creating 1 issue for 1 board in project with multiple boards

Noam Ben-David November 6, 2018

Hi all,

I have a project with 3 boards. I want to create an issue (task/bug) but want it to appear on one specific board. Right now, every time I open an issue it appears on all boards simultaneously, without being able to choose on which single board it will appear.

Any ideas how to handle this?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2018

Hello,

Issues are selected by boards according to the defined filter for this board (board settings -> general). You should change the filters for the three boards so that only this issue were selected by the required filter.

Noam Ben-David November 7, 2018

I've found the filter page for each board, but still am not sure how to change the filters so that every time I create a new issue I would see it only in the relevant board.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2018

You should see what fields are different in this issue. There must be a business logic, how you distinguish this issue.

Is this for a specific issue I created? Or in general for all issues?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2018

It is up to you to decide. But there must some property (custom field or system field). which let you distinguish such issues.

Great. Could you please direct me how to change that? I'm not familiar with the system at these levels.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2018

First, you should say how you define that this issue goes to only this board? What is special about this issue?

So you're saying that I have to set it individually for each issue I upload?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2018

How do you know that this issue must be only on one board? You should make your Jira also know it.

Suggest an answer