Created vs Resolved chart gadget shows incorrect values

Hello,

Recently I've been watching strange values in the created vs resolved chart gadget in our JIRA Cloud. Today I confirmed something is wrong. I filtered the created (4) and resolved (6) issues for today and it's obvious that the chart has swapped the values.

Captura de pantalla de 2015-04-23 16:04:05.png

This is a really annoying error. Can this be fixed, please?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Your chart is showing 5 raised today and 1 resolved, nothing to do with 4 and 6, so I 'm a bit confused.  Could you show us the filters in use?  The one that the gadget is running against to begin with, and then the two you've used for get your 4 and 6

This widget could not be displayed.

For the graph, it's just the projects filter, without restrictions. For the created issues I used this filter:

project = EB AND createdDate >= startOfDay() AND createdDate <= endOfDay()

That returned 4 issues.

For the resolved issues I used this filter:

project = THEPROJECTSCODE AND resolutiondate >= startOfDay() AND resolutiondate <= endOfDay()

That returned 6 issues.

I'm also dazed by the graph. Just thinked that this could be a miscalculation of dates, but today the graph remains the same.

Captura de pantalla de 2015-04-24 08:31:55.png

No one have seen this on their JIRA Cloud projects?

That is interesting. The create = 4 is correct, but there's definitely something wrong with the resolution counter. Could you try reindexing the project and see if that changes it?

I've just reindexed, with the same results. Graph is still the same.

I'm seeing the same problem in our instance. When we were upgraded, the chart was swapped over to the new version and we went from seeing lots of green to lots of red. There's definitely something wrong in the calculation of the number of resolved issues. My guess is it's excluding issues that appear in both result sets, but I haven't tested that yet.

Ok, I think we need to look at the raw data - run the two filters above, and list out the results with the columns created, updated, resolution date and resolution, and then look at the numbers on the graphs again. It looks like the "created" is correct to me, it's the resolution that looks shonky

There is an open JIRA issue, [JRA-43034|https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-43034], for this bug. Please vote on it to help get the problem resolved faster. It is confirmed that the calculation for resolved issues count is incorrect.

I've voted the issue. Hope this gets resolved soon...

This widget could not be displayed.

JIRA report seems to show cumulative results by default.

I had same issue on pre-defined report and now ok after checking "Do not show cumulative results" on reporting interface.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

535 views 23 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you