Created vs Resolved chart doesn't show Resolved

Lukasz March 13, 2023

This chart doesn't seem to work. I have enabled Resolution in fields config, I checked other posts from other members however there is still no resolution to that and its not showing resolved issues. 

What's wrong?

reso2.PNGresolution.PNG

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2023

Hi @Lukasz and welcome to the community,

Most likely the resolution field value is missing from all resolved issues. When an issue is resolved, then someone (the agent or automatically) has to place a value for the resolution. Failing to do so, will result in Jira not actually know which issues have been resolved.

You have to go inside your workflows, edit them, and see all post functions of all transitions leading to a final status (e.g. done):

• if a resolution is set automatically
  • If a transition screen with the resolution is present (as well as a validator to make sure that the agent will not forget to place a value).

Issues without a resolution value, when in done status will not have a "check mark" next to the status:

resolution.png

Lukasz March 13, 2023

Thanks, I don't have that Icon there. I can't see any 'Done' or 'Resolved' options or functions in workflows.  I'm using default settings. 

workflow.PNGworkflow1.PNG

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2023

Ook.. First of all you are working on a team managed project. So you will not find there what I've told you, since it's applicable only for company managed projects.

On my instance, I've tried the created vs resolved on a team managed projects, and all issues that are transitioned to a done status (green) are marked as resolved:

creat vs resolved.png

With that said, can you check the filter you are using, if you are not including resolved issues?

Lukasz March 13, 2023

Thanks Alex, I'm not using any filters. 

Lukasz March 13, 2023

Could you show how your workflow and issue setup looks like?

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2023

@Lukasz where do you see/create your created vs resolved diagram? Is it from a gadget in a dashboard? If yes, then you are using a filter to "feed" this diagram. If not from a dashboard, please specify.

Lukasz March 13, 2023

Yes I use a gadget in a dashboard.dash.PNG

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2023

So you are using a filter called "V1 Lukasz". Can you tell me the JQL behind this filter?

Lukasz March 13, 2023

Yes, V1 Lukasz is my project name. I don't know what JQL is. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2023

@Lukasz can you share your board? Are there any resolved issues within your board?

If you don't see the icon I showed to you earlier on the image, then any "resolved" issue will not have the resolution, and there's your problem.

Lukasz March 13, 2023

Alex, yes I can share it, just let me know how. I know I don't have this 'Resolved' box in my issue. I don't know how to add it and this is the problem. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2023

@Lukasz paste a screenshot of your board here

Lukasz March 13, 2023

dashboard.PNG

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2023

Thank you for sharing the pic Lukas.

It seems that you are working on JWM and unfortunately created vs resolved is not supported there. I though in the beginning that you were on jira software and on a team managed project. But you are on Jira Work Management and on a team managed project.

Lukasz March 13, 2023

Alex, no problem I created quick project on Jira Software just to see if this one works. However I have the same issue. please check all screens. chart.PNGdashboard.PNGissue.PNGproperties.PNG

Lukasz March 13, 2023

Ignorme me I created new project on  jira software and it's all working 

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2023

Glad to know it's working now @Lukasz !

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events