Create user from Script Runner into MS AD with OU info

Mike Lind November 21, 2017

I'm trying to create users in a transition from Script Runner (Groovy-script), and it works fine. But it's kinda limited in what type of information is added to the user. It seem as it's not possible to add any org.unit (OU) to the created user, thus failing to follow the "standard" in our MS Active Directory.

We have this structure:

CN=FirstName LastName,OU=<section>,OU=<department>,OU=<companyName>,DC=<domain>,DC=no

When I create a user from SR, I get this structure from where the directory three starts:

CN=kxz,OU=<CompanyNameTest>,DC=<domain>,DC=no

From my Groovy script I also want to add the correct OU (department) and all the sections inside a department.

Is this possible with Script Runner and JIRA? Either after the user is created with som "change user in AD code", or when the user is created.

This is my create user code:

loggedInUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()
def userService = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(UserService)
//DirectoryId=10100 // TEST AD
UserService.CreateUserRequest createUserRequest = UserService.CreateUserRequest.withUserDetails(loggedInUser, usernameValue, null, userNameValue + "@domain.no", firstnameValue + " " + lastNameValue).inDirectory(10100L)

UserService.CreateUserValidationResult result = userService.validateCreateUser(createUserRequest)

if(result.isValid()) {
userService.createUser(result)
}

1 answer

Suggest an answer