Create subtasks using script running without inheriting links

ScottW February 24, 2014

I am using the Script workflow function to create a sub-task. Everything seems to be working as expected except that it is inheriting the issue links from the parent. How do I suppress this behavior?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2014

You could use the checkLink closure in the additional code field to disable linking.

checkLink = {link->false}

This is documented for the builtin script "Clones an issue and links" but works for sub-tasks as well.

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2014

You could use the checkLink closure in the additional code field to disable linking.

checkLink = {link->false}

This is documented for the builtin script "Clones an issue and links" but works for sub-tasks as well.

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2014

You have to copy the script and modify it to match your needs.

ScottW February 25, 2014

Thank you. I'm still need a little green. Can you point me to any reference documents on how to do this?

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2014

Modifying the script is more difficult than I first thought because the linking isn't done in the script you see. But I found another way more easier way, see my other answer :-)

Suggest an answer