Create subtask for each label

Koen Janssens June 3, 2014

I have a custom field in which multiple labels can be added.

I want to have a subtask created for each label, with the title of the subtask as "[ParentIssueTitle] - [ParentLabelText]"

How can I achieve this?

Best regards

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2014

How to create multiple issues and How to create multiple issues - advanced example show techniques for doing this. In your case you will need to use %original_labels_comma_separated% replacement variable in the multiple issue value field. The advanced example includes duplicate issue control techniques.

For the summary substitutions, use %original_summary% - %entry%.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2014

Best approach would be to have a workflow transition for "create subtasks from labels" (probably only once in the workflow, or you could end up with thousands of duplicated subtasks)

Once you've got that, I'd write a plugin that provides a post-function that will iterate over the labels currently on the issue and create a subtask for each (or, if you have the script runner plugin, use that, as it saves you having to develop plugins)

0 votes
Julia Levcovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2014

there should be made custom development, to have possibility creating subtasks

Suggest an answer