Create subtask dialog - change default subtask

Hi,

I have several subtask types and with the create subtask dialog, Jira shows by default the first alphabetically in the Issue Type select. I would like to change this via jquery, but I am stuck since this is a modal window and don't know how to set a proper selector/condition so I can modify the selected option once the dialog is open.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

7 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Thanks for the tip! just rearranging the options as you describe made the trick.

0 votes
Janet Albion Atlassian Team Mar 04, 2013

Hi Adolfo,

Do you want to change the sequence in the Create Subtask screen or in the Issue Navigator? Perhaps a screenshot of your desirable goal will help.

It's in the create subtask dialog where I'd like to change the default subtask type.

I've tried the following code (posted in the announcement banner) without luck so far. This is Jira 5.2

AJS.$(document).ready(function() {
var val1 = 'option a';
var val2 = 'option b';

AJS.$(document).bind("dialogContentReady", function(event, dialog) {

AJS.$("select#issuetype.select.imagebacked.issuetype-field option").each(function() {
      if (AJS.$(this).text() == val1) {
        AJS.$(this).removeAttr('selected');
      }
 if (AJS.$(this).text() == val2) {
         AJS.$(this).attr('selected','selected');
      }
});
});
});

0 votes
Janet Albion Atlassian Team Mar 04, 2013

Adolfo,

Have you tried arranging the subtask in the Issue Type Scheme for the project ? For example, if the sequence is:

1. Bug
  2. Improvement
  3. subtaskC
  4. subtaskA
  5. subtaskB

Then, in the Create Subtask page, the subtasks should appear in the same sequence instead of alphabetically.

@Janet Albion [Atlassian] This works!

This doesn't work. I use Jira 7 and I found that If I have multiple subtasks, for example:

1/ subtaskA

2/ subtaskB

3/ subtaskC

This subtasks are in order in the issue type scheme.

When I create the subtask and selecte subtask issue type as "subtaskB". This creates the subtask "subtaskB". 

Now, I move to another issue (say Task) and try to create a subtask. It defaults to "subtaskB" and not to "subtaskA" which is set the issue type scheme in the project.

I believe that in JIRA 7 the previous comments are not valid anymore. You shoud try to use Jquery to rerrange the options.

By reorganizing the sub-tasks under Issue Types Scheme does the trick.

Thank you guys!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

465 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you