Create sub-tasks when checkbox items are selected

- August 5, 2020

Hi all,

I want to be able to create sub-tasks when certain values in a custom checkbox field are checked off, either from when an issue is created or edited.

To further explain, I work with a cybersecurity team that wants to handle detected threats as Jira stories. On these stories is a checkbox field with values:

• Detection
  • Additional Detection
  • Recommendations/Blockers
  • Test Case
  • Findings for FIRE Review
  • IOC Enrichment
  • Other

We also house sub-task issue types which are named after the aforementioned checklist values. At any point, whether the issue is just being created for the first time, or if the issue is edited and certain values are checked off, I want the sub-tasks created corresponding to the selected values.

Additionally, I wanted to note that we use Scriptrunner and JMWE plugins. What I tried to do is use a Create / Clone issue post-function to fulfill this, but realized this would only work in the event of a workflow transition. I'm now thinking a Scriptrunner behaviour is the way to go, but not sure where to start regarding how to iterate over the values of the checklist and creating the sub-tasks from there.

Any tips or nudges in the right direction is highly appreciated!

---------

Note: This is a cross post from one I posted in next-gen erroneously. Please refer to link as I may have found solution already: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-questions/Create-sub-tasks-depending-on-checkbox-items-selected/qaq-p/1449938?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=immediate_general_answer&utm_content=topic 

1 answer

1 vote
Andrew Morin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2020

Suggest an answer