Create quick filter for tasks where TODAY is within a date range

Jaime Brian May 31, 2017

I have a field "PI" (program increment) where the data is a date range. I want to create a filter that displays all tasks where [TODAY] is within the date range of that field.

I have a filter where i have specifically set it to PI = "2 - 29/03/17 to 20/06/17" but then when we move to the next increment I will have to remember to go back in and create the next one.  I am hoping there is a smarter way to di it.

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2017

Thre's no way to do this from what I can see here.  Not because the functions are not there, but because your "date range" appears to be a simple text field, which means JIRA does not have any way to read it as a date.

If you split that into two and set it up as start and end dates, then you could do it, as you could say

now() > PI-Start-date and now() < PI-End-date

(That's checking for the current date and time, you could also play with startofday() and endofday() to make it "today", but I suspect you probably don't really need to)

Jaime Brian May 31, 2017

Thankyou.  I will adjust as you have suggested.