Create project template with predefined subtasks

secretsourcespain January 27, 2017

Hi, is there any way to create a project template with predefined subtasks. We build many websites and have the same set of subtasks for every project and it would be great to be able to create a new project with all the subtasks already set up.

2 answers

3 votes
Jon Bevan [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2017

Like Nic said, you can use ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud to create issues on project creation using a Script Listener. See our example code for more details: http://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jiracloud/script-listeners.html#_create_issues_on_project_creation

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2017

Not on Cloud I'm afraid.  You'd need to write a new project template add-on, but you can't install them on Cloud.

Best I can do is that I think (but have not tried) Scriptrunner can create new issues in a postfunction, so you could write one that did that, with code that says "if issue key is not <project>-1, exit", then the first issue create could batch-create them.

Suggest an answer