Create project template with predefined subtasks

Hi, is there any way to create a project template with predefined subtasks. We build many websites and have the same set of subtasks for every project and it would be great to be able to create a new project with all the subtasks already set up.

2 answers

Like Nic said, you can use ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud to create issues on project creation using a Script Listener. See our example code for more details: http://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jiracloud/script-listeners.html#_create_issues_on_project_creation

0 votes

Not on Cloud I'm afraid.  You'd need to write a new project template add-on, but you can't install them on Cloud.

Best I can do is that I think (but have not tried) Scriptrunner can create new issues in a postfunction, so you could write one that did that, with code that says "if issue key is not <project>-1, exit", then the first issue create could batch-create them.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,715 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you