Create postfunction to automatically link to Confluence page

Cedric_DEVAUX October 5, 2015

Hi,

My customer wants to have an automatically link to a specific Confluence page depending to JIRA Component.

For example:

• user selects the component "Component A" and JIRA links to confluence page (procedure) concerning the component A
  • user selects the component "Component B" and JIRA links to confluence page (procedure) concerning the component B
  • etc.

I imagine to use a postfunction to automatically link to confluence page but I don't find post-function concerning Confluence page only issue linking

I search in JJUPIN postfunction and no action to link to confluence page. I find only "issuelink" and this function seems to be link only issues.

Someone could help me?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2015

I don't think Jjupin handles those types of link yet.  I'd use the Script Runner to do it, because I know it can.  Or possibly a variant where you use a scripted field to render an extra field with the url based on <confluence>+<component>

Cedric_DEVAUX October 6, 2015

How did you do with scrip runner? Could you show me an example? Thanks a lot

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2015

I've not done it directly, I just know you can do it because I've done bits of it in the past or come close enough. Script runner can read/write links of all types (I was looking for Epic links when I found that), so the creation shouldn't be too hard, and obviously you can get the array of components on the issue to iterate over and look for your components Note that you'll need to think about how to handle the cases when a user selects A and B - I guess you'd create more than one link (and that's probably easiest to code for) Have a look through https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/quickstart.html - there's loads of examples and help in there, they should help you understand and write the script you need.

Suggest an answer