Create parents links larger than Epics (example Episode, Saga, Vision for programs, portfolio, Board

Uyen Herault-Huynh February 3, 2023

Bonjour,

This is Uyên Hérault, Senior Scrum Master - Release Train Engineer.

I used to work at a company where you can create parents links that are larger than Epics (example named Episode (Projects), Saga (Programs), Vision for the Board). At my new work, I can't create any. 

Do you have any advice how to create it? Do I need special authorities? Do I need extra package for Jira?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Merci, Uyên

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2023

Hi @Uyen Herault-Huynh , Jira Standard/Free only provides Epic > Story/Task > Sub-task. Premium adds advanced hierarchies - configure-custom-hierarchy-levels-in-advanced-roadmaps 

Thank you, Jack. Very kind of you.

I will look into it.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2023

Welcome to the community, @Uyen Herault-Huynh 👋

There are a number of ways you might do this using either Atlassian or Atlassian Marketplace extensions. However, the recommendations you seek will depend of what "flavor" of Jira you are using.

• Cloud, Server, or Data Center?
    • Standard, Premium or Enterprise?
  • Jira Software, Jira Work Management, or Jira Service Management?

If you are not sure, a screenshot will help the community members figure it out.

Best,

-dave

Thank you, Dave. Very kind of you.

I have figured out:

• Standard;
  • Jira Software and Jira Service Management.

Regards, Uyên

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2023

In that case, in addition to what @Jack Brickey points out above about upgrading to Jira Cloud Premium to get access to Advanced Roadmaps, you may want to consider Atlassian Marketplace apps that can also help you extend the Jira hierarchy as you wish:

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 10.59.29 AM.png

Best of luck to you.  👍

Like Uyen Herault-Huynh likes this

Suggest an answer