Create issue deny

Stefan Enge
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 21, 2023

I have created a user who only has access to a specific project. In the project list he only sees this project. As it should be.

Why does this user, when creating an new issues, can also select all other existing projects in from the "Project Field" and can even add an entry?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If someone can create an issue in a project, then they have the permission to do so.  You will need to look at the permissions of all the projects that they are offered in the project list, and remove this user from the create permission for them (it's very likely that it is a global thing - a default in Jira is to include the groups "can log into Jira" or "all logged in users" in the "create issue" permission)

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

You need to check the permission schemes used by the other projects and make sure that Create issue isn't set to "Application access (Any logged in user)" which is the default permission.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events