Create custom report using Adaptivist ScriptRunner

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2017

Hello

I am trying to create a custom report using groovy scriptrunner.

For e.g. I'd like to
1. Create a new report form with some inputs (I assume I can create such form as new script runner REST endpoint)
2. Place this form in a Project->Reports section (e.g. like standard reports - "average age report", "created vs resolved issues", ...) or as new gadget
3. Run report when submitting this form (I assume it could be realized as execute another REST endpoint from REST endpoint with my custom form).

At the moment I am able to create only a link in project section (using custom web item) and execute custom REST endpoint (my custom form) as dialog ("run code and display a dialog") or as a simple link ("navigate to a link").

Is it correct way to create a custom report?

Is it possible to place my form inside Project->Reports section (or may be as new gadget)?

Thanks,
Fyodor

scriptrunner - webitem.pngscriptrunner - restendpoint.pngproject - open report.pngproject - reports section.png

1 answer

2 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2017

Hello, 

You can not create a report using Scriptrunner.

Lisa Ice July 30, 2019

But I want to!

Azfar Masut
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2019

I want three!!

Daniel Garcia February 16, 2020

Sure you can, I do it all the time. What's preventing you to create a report?

Fabian Laqua January 10, 2021

@Daniel Garcia 

And how do you do that? 

Can you post a little example? 

I am looking for a solution to get a report of all processed tasks of a user across projects.

Daniel Garcia January 18, 2021

Firstly, will your report need criteria. If yes you need to

• Create a rest endpoint to display a dialog box with a form
  • Create a web item fragment to add it as a button or menu item somewhere

Next you need to create a REST endpoint that takes the form input and generates the report. I normally generate an excel file using Apache POI

Like Fabian Laqua likes this

Suggest an answer