Create custom email template to add a customfield date on to issuecreate notification

Joe Han November 27, 2017

Hello,

I've created custom field (Date Time)  that I would like to be displayed with the issuecreated.vm, adding #parse("templates/email/html/includes/fields/duedatetime.vm") to the issuecreated.vm

Created the new VM based on the duedate.vm and made what I think is the correct alternation:

Original duedate.vm

#if ($issue.getDueDate())
<tr valign="top">
    <td style="color:${textColour};font-family:${textFontFamily};font-size:${textSize};padding:0 10px 10px 0;white-space:nowrap;">
        <strong style="font-weight:normal;color:${textSubtleColour};">#text("issue.field.duedate"):</strong>
    </td>
    <td style="color:${textColour};font-family:${textFontFamily};font-size:${textSize};padding:0 0 10px 0;width:100%;">
        $dateformatter.formatDMYHMS($issue.getDueDate())
    </td>
</tr>
#end

Altered duedatetime.vm:

#if ($issue.getCustomFieldValue())
<tr valign="top">
    <td style="color:${textColour};font-family:${textFontFamily};font-size:${textSize};padding:0 10px 10px 0;white-space:nowrap;">
        <strong style="font-weight:normal;color:${textSubtleColour};">#text("issue.field.CustomField"):</strong>
    </td>
    <td style="color:${textColour};font-family:${textFontFamily};font-size:${textSize};padding:0 0 10px 0;width:100%;">
        $dateformatter.formatDMYHMS($issue.getCustomObjectByName("Due_Date-Time"))
    </td>
</tr>
#end

This is my first attempt and not sure if I had written this correctly.  Could someone with more experience look at this and let me know how to make it work?

Thanks!

0 answers

Suggest an answer