Create a ticket for several projects

Amélie June 27, 2021

Hello,
I manage different projects on Jira and I would like to be able to create the same ticket for all projects.
Today, I have to copy / paste the tickets for each project and it's a waste of time. Is there a solution to create a ticket and for example check the other projects where I want to add to the backlog?
Thank you

4 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Turczanski - __JQL Search Extensions
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 29, 2021

Do you really need a separate ticket for each project? Maybe the ticket can be shared?

If I had a requirement like that I'd probably clone the ticket with automation. Or maybe there are apps for that, try searching for "clone" in the Atlassian marketplace.

Amélie June 29, 2021

Yes I have no choice, the technologies are different.
I can clone the tickets, however the manipulation is not fast and doing a copy / paste is at the same time.
Ideally, I would like to create my ticket and be able to tick a box the different projects where I want to duplicate this same ticket.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2021

Have you looked into Automation? Depending on the conditions under which you wish to create issues in multiple projects it should be doable 

Amélie June 29, 2021

Thanks, I will watch.

1 vote
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 1, 2021

Hi @Amélie,

You could try our Marketplace app Deep Clone for Jira to speed up the cloning process.

For you use case I would recommend to work with presets in which you can define the target project of the clone. You can add the preset as action and trigger it directly from the issue menu (see screenshot).

If you have questions or feedback, don't hesitate to contact us.

deep-clone-jira_presets.png

Daniel Turczanski - __JQL Search Extensions
Marketplace Partner
July 2, 2021

Seems like the best clone tool for Jira cloud. Wish I implemented it 5 years ago 😁

Stephen Musgrave March 30, 2023

We use Deep Clone. Works well for us. I've always seen the "preset" option but haven't yet taken the time to set it up... maybe now's the time?! ;-) 

0 votes
MJGI2000 March 11, 2022

If you use Deep Clone on the last page instead of clicking Finish,  hit Back  and you  can  just change the project in  the drop down  and hit go again and it will  do all  the same things 

Stephen Musgrave March 30, 2023

I use this workflow too, works great!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events