Create a subtask for a parent issue only when it have a specific summary

Hi Jobin Kuruvilla [Go2Group]

I am using a Script Post function to create subtask for below scenario:

When a user will create a Parent issue(only a single issue type say Bug) with specific summary pattern like [Specification.Input_create test1]  then a subtask should be created with particular name.

I have created the script Post function but i don't know what condition should i write for the taking the summary of parent issue. Please help solve this.Condition for subtask creation.jpg Thanks!

--Avinash Gautam

1 answer

Try this condition^ 

issue.getSummary().indexOf("[Specification.Input_create test1]") >= 0

Hi Vasiliy Zverev,

No Luck. I tried. I just want to say. The summary of parent issue could be something like 

Specification.Input_create test1,
Specification.Input_create for the testing,

etc

So please let me know the condition accordingly. may be i have to use a Regex but i am not been able to find that. Thanks!

--Avinash Gautam

In the condition field use 

!issue.isSubTask() && issue.summary ==~ regex

I am sorry but this is also not working. Please let me know if someone can give generic condition which will search parent issue summary field and then only create the subtask.

Avinash,

What the above condition does is, checking if the issue is not a subtask and it's summary matches the regex provided. What is your regex ?

My regex is    *Specification\.*   i wanted to match a line of summary like 

Specification.Input_create Input Layer data model for SAP Nord and Süd data

Try this: 

issue.getSummary().indexOf("Specification]") >= 0

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,203 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot