Create a report based on story points completed for each developer per week

Roman Balakin September 11, 2019

Our finance team needs to create a report based on the number of time each developer has spent per project per given time. They are currently using Time Reports and making developers manually log time they spent on each issue.

We want to get rid of logging time, and have reports based on actual story points completed. This sounds like a basic feature, however I wasn't able to find the way to do this so far. Please advise

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

Hi @Roman Balakin

This depends on your definition of "worked on" - is it just stories developers move to Done? Or is the developer who moves an issue from delivery to testing or release?

I can think of two ways of getting the data:

• Search for issues resolved per developer and summarise the points applied to them
  • Search for issues based on a historic transition by a specific user and summarise the points

For the second bullet - an example is: status CHANGED FROM "In Progress" TO "In Testing" BY User XXX in terms of JQL

To visualise the data - I think your best option would be to export the data.

Alternatively you could try an advanced table macro such as Advanced Tables or additional dashboard gadgets like Rich Filters. There will be lots of options on the Marketplace, best to browse / trial the best one for you :)

Ste

Suggest an answer