It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Create a report based on story points completed for each developer per week

Our finance team needs to create a report based on the number of time each developer has spent per project per given time. They are currently using Time Reports and making developers manually log time they spent on each issue.

We want to get rid of logging time, and have reports based on actual story points completed. This sounds like a basic feature, however I wasn't able to find the way to do this so far. Please advise

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Roman Balakin

This depends on your definition of "worked on" - is it just stories developers move to Done? Or is the developer who moves an issue from delivery to testing or release?

I can think of two ways of getting the data:

• Search for issues resolved per developer and summarise the points applied to them
  • Search for issues based on a historic transition by a specific user and summarise the points

For the second bullet - an example is: status CHANGED FROM "In Progress" TO "In Testing" BY User XXX in terms of JQL

To visualise the data - I think your best option would be to export the data.

Alternatively you could try an advanced table macro such as Advanced Tables or additional dashboard gadgets like Rich Filters. There will be lots of options on the Marketplace, best to browse / trial the best one for you :)

Ste

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

274 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you