Create a new issue in JIRA when an item is added to a SharePoint list

Katie Holmes October 22, 2020

Has anyone been able to create a new issue in JIRA when a SharePoint list is updated or changed?

I am trying to achieve this but need to find information on how to fill out the JIRA data form (see attached). Need assistance on understanding how to complete this in order to use Power Automate to connect the list to JIRA.JIRA data form_use with powerapps.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2020

Hi @Katie Holmes ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

From what I can see you have to enter the following data:

1. A name you choose for this connection
  2. Your Jira base URL. For example https://something.atlassian.net
  3. The email address of the a user that you have created for this integration (you can also use the credentials of an already existing user but this is not advised since then you won't be able to distinguish the issues created by the integration from the ones created by the user)
  4. The API Token associated to the user account configured in previous step. For details see: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/api-tokens-938839638.html

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dario

Thorat_ Nikesh June 28, 2021

Hi Dario,
We have tried it but, getting below error
Error : Test connection failed. Details: The remote name could not be resolved: 'jiratest.life.pacificlife.net'

I think it's because Jira is internal workflow is public. 
So, what will be the solution for the above error?

Thanks,

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2021

@Thorat_ Nikesh ,

Please notice this thread is against Jira Cloud, while you are using a self hosted instance that does not seem to be reachable from the Internet and that's why you get the error.

In order to make this work:

1. Sharepoint needs to be able to communicate with Jira
  2. Being this on Jira Server, you need to authenticate using username and password instead of email address and api token.
Thorat_ Nikesh July 14, 2021

@Dario B ,
Thanks for your comment. May I know, how to setup the username and password authentication on it?

Dario B
Atlassian Team
July 15, 2021

@Thorat_ Nikesh 

I am not sure I understand what you are asking for. Can you please try to reformulate?

Chris K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2023

I think @Thorat_ Nikesh wants to know how the integration needs to be set up with username and password authentication instead of email adress and api token as stated in your message from June 29, 2021, @Dario B.

I am currently facing the same challenge in setting up the automation to "Create a new issue in JIRA when an item is added to a SharePoint list".

The error message I receive is: "Unable to get server info response. Status code: 401. Response:"Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ApiManagement.Proxy.Gateway.MessageBody"

Any ideas how I can fix this using Jira Data Center? :)

Greetings

Chris

Chris K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2023

Update: The Microsoft power automate connector does not work for jira datacenter: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/microsoft-power-platform-power-automate-connector-does-not-work-with-jira-datacenter-1167731016.html

We found a solution by creating a custom connector.

Terry Clark September 25, 2023

I'm running into a similar scenario.  Can someone please provide a little guidance on how to create a custom connector using power automate and jira?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events