Create a montlhy report with time spent monthly per issue

João Carvalho May 4, 2021

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a report where I get all the issues worked during a given month and the total time spent in each ticket during that month.

Currently I always get the full amount of time spent in each ticket 

4 answers

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 13, 2021

Hi @João Carvalho ,

As an alternative, you can try Status Time app developed by our team. It provides reports on how much time passed in each status as well as status entry dates and status transition count. The reports are based on history of issues and you can trim the history range.

Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days. It has various other reports like assignee time, status entry dates, average/sum reports(eg. average in progress time per project). And all these are available as gadgets on the dashboard too.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try.

If you are looking for a free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Free. Hope it helps.

0 votes
Amanda Beard June 3, 2021

Tempo timesheets will allow you to do this. It's a pain to set up but works pretty good once you get it going.

0 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 7, 2021

Hi @João Carvalho 

You can try Time in Status for Jira Cloud developed by my team. It generates 7 types of reports regarding issues. You can choose a month or the date ranges you need and get the necessary data based on this period.

Time_in_Status.png
I hope it helps.
Kind regards

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

@João Carvalho Unfortunately the hours returned in a JQL query will be the total time spent.  If you need more detailed information you will need an app that can provide those insights like tempo.

Suggest an answer