Create a filter/query from a file containing a list of issue ids

Jos_ Denis July 20, 2017

I have a file that contains a list of issues ids, one per line.

I would like automatically a filter in JIRA from this file : to obtain only the list of these IDs.

Do you know if there is already a JIRA plugin ?

Did you already use the JIRA REST API about the creation of filter query ? could you give me an example if you know this subject ?

I begin the administration of JIRA.

Thank you very much

Best regards

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2017

No, there isn't an add-on for this.

If you convert your file into a comma-separated list of IDs, then you can say "Key in(<list>)" in a filter.  That will work over REST too (see https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis/jira-rest-api-tutorials/jira-rest-api-example-query-issues )

But.  A filter string is limited in length.  If you have a lot of issue keys, it's going to fail.

There is probably a much better way to do this.  Where did you get the list of issue keys from?

Jos_ Denis July 20, 2017

I know that it is possible to define directly in jira-sql using "key in ()", but each key must in "", separated by ",", and sometimes, the list is very big, several tens.

The list of issues keys come from an excel file. Now, we use another tool to manage issue, and the users can copy the excel colum and paste in text file. With the tool, it can possible to indicate the file .txt and the filter is created.

Nevertheless, they can copie the list of issue key, modify it adding "", and ,, then copy in the jira-sql.

For now, this solution will be sufficient.

Thank you very much

Best regards

Suggest an answer